FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 general questions in regards to working with keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Kruul
2 general questions in regards to working with keyframes
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:10:39 pm

Just have a couple questions as I'm trying to familiarize myself keyframes

1- is there a way to copy and paste keyframe velocity from one to another?

2- is there a way to quickly jump back to a previous view of all the layer attributes? For instance, if I am working with a shape layer and I have a whole bunch of specific attribute expanded, and I accidentally hit "A" or "T" and it singles out Anchor Point or Opacity, is there a way to quickly jump back to the view of expanded attributes that I was currently using? This is proving to be a frustrating point for me.

Thanks a ton in advance!

----
"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 2 general questions in regards to working with keyframes
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:38:02 pm

1) If you alter the timing between keyframes, you can't keep the keyframe velocity constant. You can't violate physics.

2) To display all the keyframed properties, highlight the layer and hit the "u" key/ To display all MODIFIED properties, highlight the layer and hit the "u" key twice rapidly.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: 2 general questions in regards to working with keyframes
on Oct 18, 2016 at 4:42:22 pm

[Martin Kruul] "1- is there a way to copy and paste keyframe velocity from one to another?"

http://aescripts.com/keysmith/

[Martin Kruul] "2- is there a way to quickly jump back to a previous view of all the layer attributes?"

No, but you can select a layer(s) in the timeline, press Ctrl+F (Windows) or Cmd+F (Mac) to enter the searchbar, and start typing the name of the property you wish to reveal.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]