FORUMS: list search recent posts

Impossible? Tracking head-mounted GoPro camera and applying movement to 3D obj.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Price
Impossible? Tracking head-mounted GoPro camera and applying movement to 3D obj.
on Oct 8, 2016 at 2:31:19 pm

I have to move a 3d image of a GoPro camera in sync with the head-mounted camera that actually shot the underlaying video. Other than animating the movement of the 3d image by hand; is there any tracking on the planet that can help me?

Screen grab and video below.

https://vimeo.com/186079978/9b9a7cd867

-bill

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Impossible? Tracking head-mounted GoPro camera and applying movement to 3D obj.
on Oct 8, 2016 at 3:33:20 pm
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on Oct 8, 2016 at 3:35:05 pm

If I understand correctly, you want the 3d animation to the left to replicate the movement of the camera that shot the video. if that is what you want, you are better off doing this manually. rig your 3d animation appropriately and keyframe the movement. it is so hectic that even if you had motion control device on the actual camera that is translating data directly to a software, you would probably want to to smooth out the abrupt movements or this will be very difficult to watch. +1 on manual key-framing. does not look that bad. you will be done key-framing this 15 second piece in an hour or so.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Bill Price
Re: Impossible? Tracking head-mounted GoPro camera and applying movement to 3D obj.
on Oct 8, 2016 at 4:45:49 pm

Thank you Roei. I'm beginning my manual keyframing now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]