FORUMS: list search recent posts

How would you make the inner layers line up with the out lines (adjustment layers and lines) im clueless :(

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Rod
How would you make the inner layers line up with the out lines (adjustment layers and lines) im clueless :(
on Oct 6, 2016 at 8:34:07 pm

Sorry if this is a double post - i cant find my original thread - if it is delete it pls.

I trying to make the interior lines connect with the exterior lines.

I used beam to make the lines and put an adjustment layer on top with wave distortion layers. I want the lines to connect though.

Is this possible - it there another way to do this. My plan is to have loads of lines each moving. But they have to all line up to get my desired efffect.

Return to posts index

Josh Rod
Re: How would you make the inner layers line up with the out lines (adjustment layers and lines) im clueless :(
on Oct 6, 2016 at 9:35:52 pm

any ideas - please help

Return to posts index

Nikola Tomic
Re: How would you make the inner layers line up with the out lines (adjustment layers and lines) im clueless :(
on Oct 6, 2016 at 10:12:18 pm

Hm - doubleclick on the mask and move it up... and manually scale the mask until it aligns with the lines?

10655_wave.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Nikola Tomic
on Oct 6, 2016 at 10:16:14 pm

Ah finally found how to add my snapshot :)

Return to posts index

Josh Rod
on Oct 6, 2016 at 10:30:04 pm

Thanks for the help.

But it doesnt work to the desired effect. Is it possible for the adjustment to have a strength option so the you could weaken the strength of the waves towards the edges so they match up with the out lines.

I want to do something like this.

Return to posts index

Josh Rod
on Oct 6, 2016 at 11:03:05 pm

Any ideas - please help me...

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 6, 2016 at 11:35:20 pm

potentially a particle system that could use a layer/gradient map to effect horizontal speed of either the particles or the emitters/producers.

Particle Playground can use gradient maps, as can Trapcode's Particular....

or maybe Trapcode's Form effect....

not a solution, but something to help searching for

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Josh Rod
on Oct 6, 2016 at 11:41:04 pm

yes trapcode form !!!!

thanks.

Return to posts index

Nikola Tomic
on Oct 7, 2016 at 1:37:34 am

Oh I see.

Well I think this complicated effect must have code in itself... Something like converting 2 color video to ascii... What you want is not easily created with default effect. I think particles should help but with heavy code. I believe 3D artist should know more than 2D artists.

Nykk Deetronic
http://www.youtube.com/djnykk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]