FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiplying pixels for music animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Mitchell
Multiplying pixels for music animation
on Sep 29, 2016 at 6:08:32 pm

I'm trying to create pixels that start in the center of the screen with just 1-3 at first and then multiply outwards up to 100 or so. I want them to be in a grid like form so that they remain next to each other like pixels on a screen, but also I want them to not just look like a box grid, randomly expanding in different areas. I've been told to use trapcode form which I've messed around with for awhile now and I cant figure out how to just have a few pixels multiply outwards. The image I attached is sort of the overall look.

Any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Fredrik Ã…kerlund
Re: Multiplying pixels for music animation
on Sep 29, 2016 at 6:49:30 pm

Not really sure what you're looking for. Can you try to explain how you expect it to look when it's done? Perhaps a mock up?

Return to posts index

Mike Mitchell
on Sep 29, 2016 at 7:24:15 pm

Pretty much this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4v87mj
Except its not random enough and I want to modify the color values and use trapcode forms audio reactor

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 29, 2016 at 8:31:44 pm

You can use the layer map feature of Trapcode Form to control the spread of the shapes.

Use a precomp containing Fractal Noise with an animated mask, plus some Exposure and Threshold effects to create a black and white matte that describes which "pixels" should be on and which should be off.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mike Mitchell
on Sep 29, 2016 at 8:59:22 pm

Will try this, thank you. I just don't understand why particular or form can't already do this without masks and such.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]