FORUMS: list search recent posts

Important Warning -- DO NOT UPDATE YOUR MAC TO SIERRA!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave LaRonde
Important Warning -- DO NOT UPDATE YOUR MAC TO SIERRA!
on Sep 28, 2016 at 4:15:28 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 29, 2016 at 12:36:37 am

At least don't update yet. Mac / AE users are reporting big problems after the upgrade. NO version of AE is cleared for use with Sierra.

This kind of stuff should be apparent to people, but some folks just can't resist the temptation to upgrade. If you want your Adobe software to work, resist the temptation. Wait for the All Clear from Adobe.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
Re: Important Warning -- DO NOT UPDATE YOUR MAC TO SIERRA!
on Oct 23, 2016 at 12:42:25 am

It's not really that simple - what choice do people have who are buying new machines? Adobe takes their position for granted. I guess that's what happens when you have a monopoly. They get up on stage with Apple and get free advertising and pretend they're all-in, and then it's months until they update their software. Infuriating.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 26, 2016 at 4:38:55 pm

[Mike roberts] "It's not really that simple - what choice do people have who are buying new machines?"

I hear you, but you DO make a choice -- get a new machine or use Adobe software,

[Mike roberts] " Adobe takes their position for granted. I guess that's what happens when you have a monopoly."

Not to mention the built-in disincentive of the rental model. The money keeps rolling in every month for Adobe. Why should they break their necks to fix things? They've already got you by the short hairs!

Adobe just needs to keep adding new bells, whistles and sparklies to the software to get more people signed up & hooked. Who needs to make sure the stuff actually works well? As long as it's kind of functional for most people, it's okay.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
on Oct 26, 2016 at 6:22:49 pm

I think it's the Hubris of wanting their own event. They see apple up on stage getting the cudos and purposely wait to release stuff at Adobe Max. I guess they don't have the support staff to fix bugs in the meantime? It feels like they jsut don't care.

If you point this out on the adobe forums, you get FROM STAFF snarky remarks like "professional editors know not to upgrade" and garbage like that. It kills me. I guess when you've spent as long as they have in the doldrums of the pro-sumer experience with stuff like Premiere, you get used to your customers being hobbyists, but why take that approach? I guess they were as surprised as we were that Final Cut shit the bed and they became a viable option overnight.

And their mobile apps are A JOKE. A TOTAL JOKE.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 26, 2016 at 7:31:56 pm

[Mike roberts] "And their mobile apps are A JOKE. A TOTAL JOKE."

Thankfully, I can't get them.

But it goes to a very bad Adobe philosophy in my mind: Offer the kids their sparklies. Get 'em hooked on renting software. Watch the money roll in. Blow off making fundamental improvements to the software people use to make their livings; they're already hooked.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
on Oct 26, 2016 at 10:37:48 pm

They new list Sierra as compatible on their site, but it sure isn't... They directed me to tech support and tech support said it's not compatible. Sounds like they have no idea what's going on.

They also hung up on me.

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
on Oct 26, 2016 at 6:58:59 pm

I think it's the Hubris of wanting their own event. They see apple up on stage getting the cudos and purposely wait to release stuff at Adobe Max. I guess they don't have the support staff to fix bugs in the meantime? It feels like they jsut don't care.

If you point this out on the adobe forums, you get FROM STAFF snarky remarks like "professional editors know not to upgrade" and garbage like that. It kills me. I guess when you've spent as long as they have in the doldrums of the pro-sumer experience with stuff like Premiere, you get used to your customers being hobbyists, but why take that approach?

also - forgot to say - it's not buy a machine OR buy adobe when you have projects and a tech spend. It means moving the entire production to PC, or move the production until the software catches up?

Return to posts index

Matt St-Pierre
on Oct 26, 2016 at 8:18:47 am

Yeah.. damn it! Normally I read before installing an update but not this time. Everything seems to work fine (CC 2015) but my AE render & render preview seems to be very slower..

I have a brand new 5k retina iMac.. thats not the problem.. :P

I continue to read on google to se if some updates from Adobe are comings.. If not.. I'll backup everything and reinstall El Capitan.. :|

Arg..

Return to posts index

Stefan Christopher
on Oct 26, 2016 at 11:31:16 am

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to update!

Return to posts index

Matt St-Pierre
on Oct 26, 2016 at 4:01:20 pm

Lucky you!

Seriously Just now, I have AE open, no render.. and in the finder if I click a folder it take about 1 sec and then open. My CPUs and RAM are normal. I don't get it, that's really a bug.

Before with El Capitan I was rendering in AE while editing in AI and surfing on the web on safari with no problems..

The thing is to back up everything.. damn.. :< what a waste of time..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]