FORUMS: list search recent posts

Size of the output file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ziyaddin Goyushov
Size of the output file
on Sep 24, 2016 at 8:27:32 am

Hello

Not long ago i have been working on a small project. As i m just the beginner, i had to do only the transition animation between the videos. The full video will be shown on a big screen, so for this reason I decided to use quicktime animation RGB+Alpha for the output.

I have noticed that for the same length and quality, my 2 output results had different sizes.

Each video lasts 10 second. But the first transition video consists of some very simple shape layers, while the second consists of some raster pictures plus some glow effects. Also i would like to notice that the Alpha part of each video is the same..

So why do they have different sizes in the output? Does the concent affect their sizes?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Size of the output file
on Sep 24, 2016 at 5:40:58 pm

Yes: flat colors compress better than raster images.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Sep 24, 2016 at 9:23:18 pm

If you are going to playback this video then Animation codec probably is a poor choice anyway. You should ask for specific delivery format. If it's for playback it's probably H.264. See here for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/basics-rendering-exporting.html

Also this:

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ziyaddin Goyushov
on Sep 29, 2016 at 7:25:56 am

H.264 doesnt have rgb+alpha option. Only rgb.. it is like with lower thirds.. i just need to make the animation and then i send it to the guy who will combine it with the video in the premiere.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Sep 29, 2016 at 10:45:18 pm

[Ziyaddin Goyushov] " i just need to make the animation and then i send it to the guy who will combine it with the video in the premiere.
"

I see. I was not aware this video is going to have more processing. in this case a lossless version is warranted. you can use the PNG Codec instead of animation. it is my preferable delivery codec most of the time because I send short length clips via web. if you only have 10 seconds, I would use this one.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]