FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why I'm getting choppy previews and renders?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Jassim
Why I'm getting choppy previews and renders?
on Sep 22, 2016 at 3:45:49 pm

Hi Everybody

I'm facing a huge problem here. I'm working on some motion graphic video for one of my friends. I don't know what happened but recently I found our that the previews and renders in After Effects CC 2015 are not work as they used to be, they look choppy and not smooth! Before they were very smooth but now they are not. Please see the examples below:

30 Frames Example:

60 Frames Example

As you can see both of them are not smooth. The 60 frames example looks smoother but it still need to be smoother.

Please help, I'm sure all the settings are good and even I followed many tutorials to make sure I'm on the right path. Still I'm getting the choppy previews and renders.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
Re: Why I'm getting choppy previews and renders?
on Sep 22, 2016 at 3:59:25 pm

Try turning on motion blur.

Return to posts index

Ali Jassim
on Sep 22, 2016 at 4:23:54 pm

Thanks Ken for your reply.

Unfortunately same result and it looks even worse! This is very annoying, I'm very upset.

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Sep 22, 2016 at 4:32:38 pm

is this 13.8.1 ? 13.8.0 had a problem with text layers. can you compare this behavior to the previous? if you are CC member you can install any version from CS6 alongside your current version

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ali Jassim
on Sep 22, 2016 at 4:53:28 pm

Hey Roei

No it's 13.7.1.6 I didn't update it because I'm afraid that my plugins will stop working on new versions, since some them are not supported anymore by their creators.

The funny thing is that I've many free templates from the internet, they preview and render like a charm without any chopping or lagging. The issue starts when I make a new project!!

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:00:30 pm
Last Edited By Roei Tzoref on Sep 22, 2016 at 5:02:36 pm

this could be just the way linear movement can strobe. especially text - read here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/creating-editing-text-layers.ht...
and here: http://kb2.adobe.com/community/publishing/908/cpsid_90843.html

if you say it worked fine before, you can test it in CC2014 or CC 12.2 and compare. if all fails, send me a project file so I can test it here and see.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ali Jassim
on Sep 22, 2016 at 6:17:38 pm

Hi Roei

I would like to thank you for helping me in this issue, I really appreciate it. I checked the links that you mentioned in your above post, they really helped me in some points but still I'm facing the same issue.

I think like you said it because the linear motion that I'm making. If you look closely in the (24f) example below you can see all the animations work smoothly only the sentence "Welcome to" looks choppy. I don't know what the problem exactly? But I need to figure out the solution very soon or I'll be in trouble.

I don't want to be forced to use 60 frames because I going to use some 24 frames footage in the project.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Franck Zheist
on Sep 22, 2016 at 7:12:33 pm

Hello

Have you by any chance changed the frequency of your main display.

Choppiness and judder drives me crazy, and a 24fps creation in my experience cannot be rendered smoothly on a 60 or 59.94Hz screen.

I hope this helps...

Return to posts index

Rolf Herbrechtsmeier
on Oct 24, 2016 at 5:20:33 pm

You are not the only one. I also can't figure out what is causing this problem.

A few weeks ago everything was working fine, I use a plugin called Animation Composer for my animations and it looked really smooth, but then I decided to switch from AE6 to AECC15 and the first thing I noticed is how choppy the animations look. I tried everything to solve this, but failed and never really did anything with AE since then.

Today I took some time and tried to solve this problem by going back to AE6 and deinstalling AECC15.

It didn't work, the animations are choppy using both AE6 and AECC15! From my perspective it can only be either the latest AMD graphic driver or another stupid windows update.

I am very sure, that some kind of update is causing this problem. It did work perfectly smooth in the past, just not now.

The only thing that I can still image as the cause of this problem is QuickTime. Perhaps I deinstalled it in the past for some reason? Unlikely, but I'll try everything for a solution.

This sucks and I hope someone has a solution for this ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]