FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can anyone tell me how to give copyrights for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop works

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Addis
Can anyone tell me how to give copyrights for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop works
on Sep 22, 2016 at 1:12:25 pm

I created a typography video in after effects and simple logo animation, i want to know how to give copyrights for these files.

Also I designed a signature logo for a company and face painting, same i want to know how to give copyrights for this file.

Anyone let me know how, Plz ASAP.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Can anyone tell me how to give copyrights for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop works
on Sep 22, 2016 at 1:20:53 pm

I have no idea what you mean by "give copyrights."

In the U.S., any original work is covered by automatic copyright, as soon as it is fixed in a tangible form. If you wish to register your copyright, which makes its date easier to prove and makes you eligible to received treble damages from infringement, start here:
http://www.copyright.gov/

If you mean to license your work to a client, or to assign your copyright to them, you'll need to do so with a contract.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

William Addis
Re: Can anyone tell me how to give copyrights for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop works
on Sep 22, 2016 at 1:33:32 pm

Hi Mr Walter Soyka, I am new to freelancer. There so many sellers include this section "I will give copyrights". I am confused and some buyers asking me the copyrights for my designs. So i am confused. Can you please explain me about this? For example freelancer sites like FIVERR , TENRR etc.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 22, 2016 at 1:40:43 pm

"Give copyrights" is awkward phrasing in English. You might "transfer copyright" (which would mean the client now owns the copyright to your work outright, not you; you are no longer free to use it), or you might "license" the work (which means you retain copyright, but allow your client to use it).

However, this is not an After Effects question. You might get better answers on the Business & Marketing forum [link].

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

William Addis
on Sep 22, 2016 at 3:31:34 pm

Thanks A Lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]