FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do i edit out a person from a another video to insert the person to another background?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Khouri
How do i edit out a person from a another video to insert the person to another background?
on Aug 27, 2016 at 9:57:30 am

As the title says how do i edit out a person from a another video to insert the person to another background?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: How do i edit out a person from a another video to insert the person to another background?
on Aug 27, 2016 at 11:10:36 am

You need to isolate the person from their background by either keying [link] or masking [link].

When planning ahead for this, you record the person in front of an evenly-lit green or blue screen. This makes keying straightforward and practical. Without a background designed for chroma keying, you'll have to animate masks over the person, tweaking them on every single frame. This is called rotoscoping [link], and it's laborious. Ae has some tools called Roto Brush, Refine Edge, and Refine Matte which can help quite a lot with this task. Be sure to read the Roto Brush documentation [link] before you start, as it can be a bit tricky to use.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Christopher Khouri
Re: How do i edit out a person from a another video to insert the person to another background?
on Aug 27, 2016 at 1:03:38 pm
Last Edited By Christopher Khouri on Aug 27, 2016 at 1:06:46 pm

Thank you for the answer. I will try learning how to use the roto brush :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]