FORUMS: list search recent posts

why is AE cc 2015.3 modifying existing keyframes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Palma
why is AE cc 2015.3 modifying existing keyframes?
on Aug 22, 2016 at 5:38:58 am

Hello,
I am trying to create new keyframes but can't. When I set my first keyframe, the stopwatch stays blue... even when I move to a different part of the timeline. Has anyone experienced this issue and know how to resolve it>

Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: why is AE cc 2015.3 modifying existing keyframes?
on Aug 22, 2016 at 10:36:17 am

The stopwatch indicator is supposed to stay blue, even once you've moved away from it. The stopwatch icon is NOT a keyframe control itself; it just indicates that a property varies over time. When it is blue (on), that means that changing the property value will change the value at the current time only, creating/modifying keyframes. When it is white (off), that means that changing the property will change the value for all time in that layer.

To actually create a keyframe at a given location, the stopwatch must be on (property varies over time), and you must either alter the value of the property, or use the keyframe navigator to add a keyframe.

The keyframe navigator in the timeline panel is completely separate from the stopwatch. Right-click any of the timeline panel column headers, then mouse over Columns in the pop-up menu, then make sure either "A/V Features" or "Keys" is checked.

More here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/setting-selecting-deleting-keyf...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]