FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you create this 3D wave thing animation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yanda Satria
How do you create this 3D wave thing animation?
on Aug 10, 2016 at 12:58:06 pm

ok, here the animation i'm talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmYU2ikxjpA

it's exactly between 1:53 - 2:12, the wave thing, like sea wave but it sort of looks like a particle wave, and with object forming at the center of it...

i already tried using wave world, cc ball action, trapcode form, plexus, element 3d particle replicator, nothing look close enough (or maybe i'm just retarded at this AE stuff T.T )

so, is it possible to create that kind of animation within AE, using anything in AE or E3D, or do you have to use 3D application to achieve that? because i havent learn much from any 3D apps,

another example i want to achieve is 3D logo reveal from this ads, it also has a 3D wave thing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMP1P2aH4I8

thank you and sorry if this is not the right place to post this kind of thing...

Return to posts index

Sean Dunn
Re: How do you create this 3D wave thing animation?
on Aug 10, 2016 at 5:46:35 pm

Do you alternate links for the videos? Can't view them for some reason.

Return to posts index

Yanda Satria
on Aug 11, 2016 at 11:44:07 am

uh wow, why is it not working, and how do i edit my post?

nvm, here the link, i hope this works (min. 1:53 - 2:12) :

and the second video :

for the second video, such logo reveal from wave can be achieve with trapcode form, but still it is from wave to logo, but in the video it was like 3D wave, perhaps like 3d replicator from element 3d, but anyway, now i know how to do wave logo reveal...

now, my focus is on the first video, in the part i'm talking about, i already succeed in creating the wave using trapcode form, but i still can't figure out how to put the object at the center, when i do, it's like the 2 are in 3d space but in different dimension, they both not crossing each other...and the lights, i also cant figure out how to make the heightmap accepting lights from another source like in the video...

i tried wave world but it seems i cant control how fast the wave is, while it working perfect with form...

i really wish there are some kind of tutorial or direction of how to do this kind of animation...

if only i knew that this is impossible to be done in AE alone, but i still have a feeling it can be done in AE, even in a more simple version...thank you very much....

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Aug 11, 2016 at 12:18:20 pm

Second video is 3D, first one maybe a warp on animated textured layer.

Return to posts index

Yanda Satria
on Aug 11, 2016 at 12:35:24 pm

yep, now i won't bother with the 2nd video anymore, and more simple version can be achieve with trapcode form...but the 1st video,...ugh...i'm still stuck.. T.T

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]