FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matrix Effect Inside Torus Shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nitin Burli
Matrix Effect Inside Torus Shape
on Aug 4, 2016 at 10:09:01 am

Hello,

Imagine you're looking through the inside of a torus. The walls and horizontally running 1's & 0's. Can I achieve using after effects? Any suggestions to techniques or alternatives would be helpful. Attaching image for your reference.

10375_binarynumbertunnel1080phdwallpaper.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Matrix Effect Inside Torus Shape
on Aug 4, 2016 at 1:43:36 pm

I'd look to do this in a 3D application like C4D. You could also prep the torus asset in 3D and use an Ae plugin like Element 3D to apply the texture to the surface.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Aug 4, 2016 at 6:24:16 pm

a 3d app would be better suited, but you can get close with ae...

try this:

create a new comp that has the 1s and 0s in it. the 1s and 0s will need to run vertically in the comp and the comp should be really tall, about 10x as tall as it is wide.

bring that comp into a new comp and add cc cylinder, which will roll that comp into a 3d tube. adjust the rotation x property so you are looking through the cylinder and adjust the position z property so the closest edge of the cylinder barely fills the screen.

now add the circle effect after the cylinder effect, set the blending mode property from 'none' to 'normal' and adjust the feather and radius to create the glow and to hide the far end of the cylinder.

then add an adjustment layer and add the mesh warp effect. set the rows and columns to 2 and then drag the center point of the mesh to the left and it will start to look like your example. continue to fiddle with the mesh warp bezier handles and you can get pretty close to the example.

if you wanted look like you are moving through the torus, you can add the offset effect before the cylinder effect and animate the shift center property.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Nitin Burli
on Aug 5, 2016 at 12:26:38 pm

Thanks Kevin, your technique is nice, it didn't come to what I wanted to achieve though. Still, I'm bound to require it some time. I finally used C4d and textured it with animating numbers horizontally that I rendered from after effects. Thanks you for your response though, truely appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Nitin Burli
on Aug 5, 2016 at 12:23:22 pm

Thanks, Walter. I finally used C4D and textured it with a horizontally animating .mov. It did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]