FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create an expanding ball of flame?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Harrison
How to create an expanding ball of flame?
on Jul 30, 2016 at 2:28:50 pm

Hello,

I recently came across a video with a fire/explosion like animation and I am trying to replicate that same effect but can't figure out how he got the animated ball of fire in the middle of the screen or the fire that surrounds the dirt portion of the board at this video

at 1:14-1:17. It looks like a horizontal scale up followed by a vertical scale up, but how can I create the animated ball of flames with that smooth, almost cartoony-like look?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Oliver Harrison
Re: How to create an expanding ball of flame?
on Aug 1, 2016 at 3:22:39 pm

Yeah I've seen those, but neither of them matches what is seen in the video. How can I make fire have that cartoony look, and make it into an explosion in which the edges are animated?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 1, 2016 at 3:31:32 pm

I felt the tutorials would be more of a good starting point for you to then tweak. Like this Trapcode preset: http://people.redgiantsoftware.com/explore/presetdetail.aspx?presetid=809

Other wise I would try googling "after effects explosion template". And find a template where the work is mostly already done.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Oliver Harrison
on Aug 1, 2016 at 3:39:32 pm

I've been using this tutorial as I've found it to be the most accurate: http://www.voxyde.com/content/fire-explosion/ . How could I tweak this to look exactly like in the video? I know the particle texture may need to be changed, but it the particles merge so smoothly in the video that it almost seems like it wasn't done using trapcode particular. I am trying to replicate the animation seen in the video as closely as possible.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Aug 1, 2016 at 3:59:23 pm

I think that tutorial looks good. I wonder if applying a cartoon effect to that would give you the look you are after. It is under Stylize in the effects tab.

Or apply it to the "particle_texture.mov" Also, probably reduce the amount of particle you use just a little to give it less detail. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Oliver Harrison
on Aug 1, 2016 at 4:15:29 pm

Ok I tried reducing the particles and applied the cartoon effect to multiple places, and I think I will have to recreate the explosion from scratch. If you had to replicate this animation as accurately as possible, what would you do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]