FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080i/25 Commercial

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Jordan
1080i/25 Commercial
on Jul 28, 2016 at 11:52:04 am

I'm publishing a 1080i/25 PAL commercial for a broadcast studio, and am utilizing the "HD 1080i 25" preset from Media Encoder CC.

The studio has given me the following requirements:
1080i/25 (Interlaced at 25 frames per second, with two interlaced fields. 16:9 widescreen.

Will the "Upper First" field order setting give me the interlacing I need in the video?

And finally, will leaving the "aspect ratio" field as square pixels cause any issues, or would I need to use another PAL widescreen setting here?

Thanks for the assistance....
Eric

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 1080i/25 Commercial
on Jul 28, 2016 at 3:29:47 pm

Upper field first is correct and square pixels are great. Apparently you have the media container specs all set.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Eric Jordan
on Jul 30, 2016 at 11:32:54 am

Thanks for the help Dave,

One more question on this. The original render that I did out of AE does not have the "field render" setting turned on, will that cause an issue when I run the encoder preset, or will the "upper fields" setting in the preset handle it fine?

Thanks,
Eric

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 1, 2016 at 3:52:58 pm

It will make a very big difference if your source video is interlaced. You'll have to check that. If it is interlaced, then I recommend re-rendering, setting the correct field order in the Render Queue's Render settings.

Just so you know, It's easy to create your own sets of Render Settings & Output Modules. It's just as easy to change the defaults for them. If you know you're making a half-dozen files with interlacing in the ProRes 422 codec, for example, just make new templates and select them as the defaults.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]