FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects CC - Animation stops, not sure why.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rudy Martinez
After Effects CC - Animation stops, not sure why.
on Jul 23, 2016 at 10:48:34 pm

I was asked to have a dandelion grow, and then have the pods (or whatever they are called) blow off and fly off to one side. i am somewhat new to AE, though i know my way around well enough for many things now, there is still a lot i have left to learn. so i tried to find a good tutorial for a dandelion. no real success. except i did come across this video with a link to the project file ( https://vimeo.com/122761818 ). it was pretty much what i was looking to do, so i opened it and was able to bring it into a larger comp and it all works fine, except the "pods" stop flying about halfway across the comp that i need it to cross fully. i don't see any keyframes that indicate the target location, or anything like that, that i can adjust to get the distance i need. from what i have been able to discern, it's running with a Slider Control, for the animation. unfortunately i can't for the life of me figure out if and where an expression is that i need in order to adjust this. if i could please get any help with this, that would be incredible, thanks!

Rudy

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects CC - Animation stops, not sure why.
on Jul 24, 2016 at 12:33:50 am

Sorry, can't help unless you know for sure it's a slider setting. And you don't.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rudy Martinez
on Jul 24, 2016 at 1:33:08 am

yeah, that's why i included the link to the page that had the video and the actual project file, but i suppose i should have had the link to the project file itself. maybe someone can actually take a look at the project file and know what to look at. here is a direct link to the file as the creator has it on Dropbox. completely unedited by myself. honestly, i'm not sure if i'm asking a lot or not, and i do apologize if i am, i'm just stuck and frustrated. thanks in advance for any guidance!

project file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06ixm0f5ld09xg4/Dandelion%20need%20particular%20v...

thanks again,

rudy

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jul 24, 2016 at 7:38:18 am
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Jul 24, 2016 at 7:48:56 am

I don't see that they're stopping anywhere except if you run off the edge of the layer or run beyond the out point of the layer. The layers are 1280 x 720 pixels). Sounds like your comp is larger than that. Did you resize the layers (all 120+ of them) to your comp dimensions?

Although 120 separate instances of Particular is hardly the most efficient approach to this animation.

(I should probably point out that this is not the way a dandelion grows, if you're looking for realism.)

Return to posts index

Rudy Martinez
on Jul 24, 2016 at 7:50:24 am

first of all, thank you for looking at it.

so at first i tried to change the resize the layers and it just threw everything out of place, and resized the "gan" layers. normally this wouldn't be as big a deal, but with 120+ layers, that can be a bit of a daunting task to figure out where everything was supposed to go, and adjust the "gans" layers to the right size as well as figuring out where it went. so what i tried was pulling back the camera so it would be a comp i can use as a layer in my main comp. but when i pull back the camera, the "pods" stop where they would have been just off camera from the original setup, and i can't figure out how to make them go farther. i feel like it's probably something pretty simple, and there is probably just a number somewhere that needs to be changed, but i'm at a loss as to where and how.

rudy

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jul 24, 2016 at 7:53:53 am

I think you just need to reset the transform on all the layers after resizing. (There's a "reset" link next to the transform options twirl-down).

Return to posts index

Rudy Martinez
on Jul 24, 2016 at 8:36:55 am

thanks for the input. i tried what you suggested, and it shifted a bit, but not a big deal. the problem persists though, when you move forward time-wise, the animation stops at the 9 second mark, and they do not move further. it's a real pain isn't it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]