FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please !! how to create a png border mask to make image/video play within those borders.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Manohar Stramzik
Please !! how to create a png border mask to make image/video play within those borders.
on Jul 22, 2016 at 8:31:59 pm
Last Edited By Manohar Stramzik on Jul 22, 2016 at 9:33:34 pm

Hey guys

Basically i have a PNG borders and i want a video or a image to be visible within the border.

You might say just resize the image according to the border size and thats not gonna work because the png is not a perfect shape like a square or an rectangle.

Please help me asap i am stuck in a project which has to be submitted in 24HR

I also wanted to know how to free transform an image according to my dimensions no corner pin please that thing is crazy...

and also when i use a typewriter preset for a text i cant check where the preset is applied to, for example when we apply a effect to a layer it shows in effects pallet but when i apply a preset it doesnt show it effects and preset pallet at all..

Thanks

-Regards
Manohar Rao

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Please !! how to create a png border mask to make image/video play within those borders.
on Jul 22, 2016 at 10:15:34 pm

To fit the video in the border, place the border on the layer above the video. Scale and position the video until you like it. Then mask out the parts of the video that go beyond the borders. You do this on the video layer.

I don't know why your presets aren't showing up; you might have AE CC 2015.3, which has problems. Have you tried highlighting the text layer, then hitting the "u" key to look for all animated properties? Or hitting the "u" key quickly twice to show all modified properties?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Manohar Stramzik
Re: Please !! how to create a png border mask to make image/video play within those borders.
on Jul 23, 2016 at 1:11:42 am

Thank you Mr. LaRonde for you reply i greatly appreciate that, did help me a lot.

Yes it shows the parameters animated/modified properties when i press 'U' but it doesnt show in effects and presets pallet probably its the version problem will try updating my software :)

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 23, 2016 at 10:08:12 am

There are a few specific issues with Ae CC 2015 versus previous releases, but automatically suggesting that 2015 is the root of any random problem doesn't help.

In this case, note that only effects appear in the Effects Control Panel. The Typewriter preset is a text animator, not an effect, so it will not show in the ECP on any version of Ae. It shows in the timeline only, and can be revealed by twirling the layer open (or revealing keyframes with U as you note).

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Manohar Stramzik
on Jul 23, 2016 at 10:18:37 pm

Hello Mr. Soyka, thanks for your help

The reason why i am confused about the preset not showing in the effects pallet is because when you press the 3 dash thing on top right corner of effects pallet you have an option which says " show animation presets" that doesnt makes any sense!???

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 24, 2016 at 4:30:17 pm

[Manohar Stramzik] "The reason why i am confused about the preset not showing in the effects pallet is because when you press the 3 dash thing on top right corner of effects pallet you have an option which says " show animation presets" that doesnt makes any sense!???"

There are two different panels we're talking about here.

1) The Effects & Presets Panel. This lists all the effects and animation presets that you can apply to a layer.

2) The Effects Control Panel. This shows all the controls for the effects applied to the selected layer.

Because animation presets may include properties intrinsic to a layer -- properties like Opacity, Scale, Position, etc. which are not effects -- not everything from an animation preset will appear in the Effects Control Panel. The ECP is specific to effects only; it is not a general inspector for the selected layer.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 23, 2016 at 10:12:16 am

In addition to masks as Dave suggests, you might consider track mattes to cut your images to squares:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/alpha-channels-masks-mattes.htm...

For free transform, there are a few effects in the Distort category that may help you. Also, Red Giant's Warp effect offers a much more useful corner pin, with a set of From pins and a set of To pins.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]