FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effect CC - Motion Tracking getting stuck

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Shelley
After Effect CC - Motion Tracking getting stuck
on Jul 22, 2016 at 8:14:25 pm

Hi All,

I have a brand new iMac 5k with AE CC and my motion tracker is horrendous. I have to start the tracker then it will do 5-6 frames then stop, so i hit stop and then start it again. Have to repeatedly do this to get the scene finished. Is anyone else having this issue? I have my footage in the animation codec.

Return to posts index

hanna dean
Re: After Effect CC - Motion Tracking getting stuck
on Jul 23, 2016 at 4:20:01 pm

i have cc 2014/5 i am windows user.
after effects built in trackers are crap full stop, only tracker good is the auto one with target icon.

if you need to track anything else get your self mocha pro.
google it xd

Return to posts index

hanna dean
on Jul 23, 2016 at 4:22:01 pm

1: your video is it highly compressed mp4 , try to make image sequence and try again.
2: not sure of your pc specs , go to setting and make sure you have correct settings , ssd works best for after effects.

Return to posts index

Mike Shelley
on Jul 25, 2016 at 1:17:12 pm

1: I converted my footage into the Quicktime Animation Codec (read on a thread on here that it works better).
2: I am running off my flash hard drive. Speed shouldn't be an issue :/. I Will look into Mocha.

Return to posts index

Taylor Higgins
on Jul 25, 2016 at 5:27:39 pm

Just a note, the animation codec can bog down a computer pretty easily(even if it is a fast one). If you can play it fine in quicktime it might not be a problem but if it lags in quicktime, I would look at another codec to track in like a ProRes 4444 depending on the quality of your footage. Mochas tracking is better and easy to use. After you track in mocha, it copies the tracking data to your clip board and it is as simple as copy and paste.

Return to posts index

hanna dean
on Jul 25, 2016 at 8:53:28 pm

1: not sure what you mean by using flash hard disk , anyways flash usb etc not good , usb hdd not good.

when it comes to after effects everything must be internall ,unless you have a 6gb port usb speed.

2: get ssd , without ssd you wil never taste speed simple as that.
3: get better quality gpu to taste speed.

u get them and your issues are gone.

===============

if i wanted problems
il use usb flash stick drive so my after effects can read and write of it which will absolutly kill your cpu speed
this is just an example what i mean.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]