FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mask Path controls/ Weird behavior

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ged Jurga
Mask Path controls/ Weird behavior
on Jul 21, 2016 at 9:47:46 am

Hello,

I've recently finally made the transition to AE CC 2015, from CS6. I always hated the new updates, weird mask behaviour and a dissapearance of the ram preview button. The project i am working on is supposed to be comped in Nuke, but i just never could get used to Nuke shortcuts and how slow the workflow with masks there is. I would just do all the roto matte work in AE and transfer alpha mattes to Nuke.

Currently i have a a project that is very heavy on roto work, and i just always loved how masks are controlled in AE (in CS6). Now in CC there is a very weird behavior with drawing a mask path on the layer.

Before i could just quickly outline an object by drawing a bezier mask path with fast clicks+drag around the object, and refining it later with Alt+click for bezier edit and Ctrl+click on point for position.
Now in CC when quickly click+hold and drag a point it would be a purely 50% of chance that not the Bezier point curve will be created, but the ACTUAL POINT will be moved instead, until i unclick. Moreover, if i Alt+click on point or CTRL+click on point, there is completely no difference, but again a 50% of chance that it will let me to either to edit the bezier curve, or drag the actual point. How the hell do i bring back the old controls for mask path points, because it was never like that in AE, and it just slows down the process for a matter of hours.

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
Re: Mask Path controls/ Weird behavior
on Jul 22, 2016 at 4:40:56 pm

From the behavior you're describing, it sounds like you have the Rotobezier button checked on the toolbar.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]