FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Giant Primatte Keyer and AE CC 2015

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Lister
Red Giant Primatte Keyer and AE CC 2015
on Jul 17, 2016 at 11:23:19 pm

I keep getting an error message when applying the Primatte Keyer plug-in. I have read that the plug-ins aren't ready yet for CC 2015, yet according to the Red Giant site, they are supposed to be compatible.

The error message:

After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {FORCE_RERENDER should only be used on the main thread, or replaced with Async render requests.}

Any ideas? Thanks!

Phil Lister

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Red Giant Primatte Keyer and AE CC 2015
on Jul 18, 2016 at 12:41:40 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 18, 2016 at 12:52:19 am

It's difficult to know. Adobe seems to be messing with our minds. If you have updated to the latest version, CC 2015.3, aka version 13.8.x, I have read that it is an entirely new version. Did you know that? I didn't until 2 days ago. However, I have no definitive evidence to offer that this is indeed true.

A sad state of affairs, if you ask me. One would think that Adobe would shout from the rooftops that a new version was available.

Or not -- considering the less-than-stellar success of recent bug fixes, perhaps Adobe chose to play this one, despite being an entirely new version, close to the vest. I'd hope some individual can shed some light on this.

But let's pretend that Adobe told the plugin developers and forgot to tell the users. There just might be a new version of Primatte! I recommend a check.

And if you do indeed find that the latest update is an entirely new version, would you be so kind as to pass that information along?

Thanks!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 18, 2016 at 9:53:06 am

[Dave LaRonde] "And if you do indeed find that the latest update is an entirely new version, would you be so kind as to pass that information along?"

Ae CC 2015.3 (version 13.8) is an "entirely new version" in that it creates a separate folder for installation. It does not update or overwrite a previous Ae CC 2015 installation. You can have Ae CS6, Ae CC, Ae CC 2014, Ae CC 2015, and Ae CC 2015.3 all installed alongside each other.

Ae CC 2015.3 is not an "entirely new version" in the written-from-scratch sense. It is a continuation of the development effort that started with 13.5. It's the best-performing release yet -- I can usually play a piece of footage in real-time without any previewing/caching first -- but it still doesn't really maximize its use of system resources yet.

Here's a summary of what's new and changed:
http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/whats-new-changed-in-after-effects-cc-...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 18, 2016 at 9:54:16 am

What version of Primatte are you running? I've been using Primatte 5.1.3 a bit over the last few days and haven't run into any issues with Ae CC 2015.3.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]