FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace Footage - Illustrator files not replacing - Spinning wheel of death

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Rondinone
Replace Footage - Illustrator files not replacing - Spinning wheel of death
on Jul 16, 2016 at 11:16:40 pm

I recently moved a project folder from one computer to another so when I opened up After Effects CC2015 I had missing footage. I went to one of the missing 250 Illustrator layers to replace the footage, located where the file was, clicked on it and just get the spinning wheel of death.
I had another project that only has missing .psd files and those were able to be replaced with out a problem.
For some reason my project with missing illustrator files is not updating.

Is there something different that needs to be done when replacing Illustrator files?? Is it possible my illustrator needs to be reinstalled? Is there any work around?
Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Dave Jackson
Re: Replace Footage - Illustrator files not replacing - Spinning wheel of death
on Jul 18, 2016 at 11:27:58 am

If you're on the very latest version of Illustrator [2015.3] it is not playing very nicely with some other programs. So if the files were created in that version and the system you're moving to is 15 but not 15.3 that could be the problem?

Return to posts index

Anthony Rondinone
on Jul 18, 2016 at 1:07:04 pm

I actually created the illustrator files in CS6 and then moved to a computer with CC2015(I have to see which version I am updated to).
Would this problem be caused I'm using CC2015on my comp, or the way it's interacting with the CS6 illustrator file? Or the way it's interacting with after effects? My Photoshop files are not giving me this problem and it's the same scenario.

So it's most likely an illustrator problem though you think though? Is there any work around?
I can import the files as if I'm going to use them for the first time in the project window, is there any way to bring them all in again and just re-link what is being used in my comps?
Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Dave Jackson
on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:51:47 am

- I would try opening the CS6 files in CC2015 on the machine you're moving to and simply resaving them to the newer AI version [make them duplicates just in case]. Then open AE and attempt to relink there.

- You could also try replace footage if that doesn't work - with renamed AI files (since there could be some weirdness associated with the names now in AE)

Return to posts index

Anthony Rondinone
on Jul 20, 2016 at 3:25:30 pm

Ok, I'll try resaving them as the newer version and using those when I replace footage. I'll try it tonight!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]