FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't get spherize to work

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Svante Karlsson
can't get spherize to work
on Jul 13, 2016 at 5:30:20 pm

Hi. I’m relatively new to Adobe after effects and maybe this is the wrong forum. Anyway. I want to make a simple sphere from a mp4 file I’ve imported into adobe after effects. First time I did it work fine. I just dropped the effect symbol onto the preview window and it worked perfectly. Second time, I did the same procedure but nothing happened. However, a couple of the effects, although most of them didn’t.

(I’m a mac )

Any idea?

best
Svante

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: can't get spherize to work
on Jul 13, 2016 at 6:19:53 pm

Do you mean the CC Sphere effect, or the SpherIZE effect? They're two different things.

And it sounds like you might be new to AE. If you think you'll learn the software just by playing with it, think again! It's too complicated for that. Spend some quality time here and you'll be happier:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/tutorials.html

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Svante Karlsson
on Jul 13, 2016 at 11:10:05 pm

Well it's true that I'm a beginner in this particular program. But I actually work in Blender quite a lot. However, I still think my question is relevant and by the way since you're asking: CC Spherize is what I'm trying to find out.

with due respect

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 13, 2016 at 11:30:16 pm

Spherize really doesn't make a sphere; it makes more of a bulge, which is determined by the Radius setting. If you want a sphere, use CC sphere.

I'm not sure why Spherize didn't work for you. There have been many problems with AE CC 2015. To remedy it, try these things in the following order: Quit AE & restart the application, restart your machine, shut down the machine & start, trash AE preferences.

If none of those work, you have other issues and we'll ask you for diagnostic information.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Svante Karlsson
on Jul 14, 2016 at 10:04:17 am

Thanks. I'll try

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]