FORUMS: list search recent posts

I want to increase the size of a logo, that's on multiple layers, while keeping the shape of the logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Chavinsky
I want to increase the size of a logo, that's on multiple layers, while keeping the shape of the logo
on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:55:24 pm

So, I have a logo I want to animate, which I've separated into 9 separate layers in Illustrator, and then imported into After Effects.

If I select all the layers, and increase size on all at the same time, the logo gets all distorted, I want the logo to increase size as one, but still be able to animate the different layers. I'm not explaining this well, but can you help? Maybe, an adjustment layer? If so, please tell me what to do with this adjustment layer, because i don't know how to use them.

Thank You!!!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: I want to increase the size of a logo, that's on multiple layers, while keeping the shape of the logo
on Jul 13, 2016 at 3:00:39 pm

Check out parenting: "Parenting is similar to grouping; transformations made to the group are relative to the anchor point of the parent."
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/layer-properties.html#parent_an...

Since you're new to Ae, If you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend the following link, in which former After Effects product managaer Todd Kopriva pulled together some important introductory materials. I think the Andrew Devis After Effects Basics series and the Video Copilot Basic Training and are particularly good starts:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Dave Chavinsky
Re: I want to increase the size of a logo, that's on multiple layers, while keeping the shape of the logo
on Jul 13, 2016 at 5:41:12 pm

Thanks Walter! I used a null layer to parent to, and that worked.

Another question if possible... I'm trying to animate this logo, that involves 3 letters, "imp". The "i" appears, and then I want the "m" to slide out of the "i" from left to right.

So, I've put a mask on the "m" layer, and am trying to keyframe sliding out of that mask, but the mast moves with me. How do I make the mask stay, while I move the letter out of the mask?

Thank You!!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 13, 2016 at 6:34:06 pm

Rather than masking the layer directly (as you note, masks move with the layer), use a track matte:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/how-to/track-mattes-luma-alpha-aftere...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Dave Chavinsky
on Jul 13, 2016 at 8:33:40 pm

Thank you Walter! I really appreciate the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]