FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a Auto Mask plug-in that detects movement and delete the background in static camera footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otávio Pedigone
Is there a Auto Mask plug-in that detects movement and delete the background in static camera footage?
on Jul 12, 2016 at 4:56:34 pm

Hello everybody.

I know in After Fx CC we have the mask tracker and etc, but that is not my point.

Let's suppose we have a static-shot-clip, that the camera does not move (the background is static) and there is a person in it. I want to mask the person (moving object/image) to apply a effect (in the person or in the background, this doesn't matter). EXAMPLE BELOW.

Is there any plug-in or effect that does that?

Here's a example of a bad tool my OSx offers. First it asks me to get out of the frame so that it detects the background and then when I come in it looks like that:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Is there a Auto Mask plug-in that detects movement and delete the background in static camera footage?
on Jul 12, 2016 at 10:34:50 pm

The closest AE comes to this is the Difference Matte effect. It needs a clean plate of the background to use for comparison with the subject over the exact same background. It only works on a locked-down shot, and the results can be iffy at best unless you have a good camera and record in a good codec. The Refine Matte effect can help a bit on the iffy stuff.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]