FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pan out brighest light "anamorphic flare" effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aske Hansen
Pan out brighest light "anamorphic flare" effect?
on Jul 5, 2016 at 11:28:00 pm

Hello,

I am looking for this popular effect which pans out the light from the brightest areas in the image, to create what looks kinda like an anamorphic flare effect. In this video example its very obvious at the car lights at 2:56 and 3:02:

It's important that the effect automatically detects the bright areas - and then creates the horizontal flare rays, without the need of manually tracking keyframes.

I hope someone here can help me. It's been a headache trying to find it.

Cheers
Aske

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Pan out brighest light "anamorphic flare" effect?
on Jul 6, 2016 at 1:48:55 am

You can do it with either the Knoll Light Factory or Optical Flares plugin. Both have ways of tracking the luminance in your shot.

Return to posts index

Aske Hansen
on Jul 8, 2016 at 12:16:58 am

Thank you for your answer.
I previously looked into Knoll but I didn't find anywhere that it pans out the existing light, but rather a collection of flares such as the flare effect in After Effects. Is this true?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Jul 8, 2016 at 1:48:32 pm

Knoll Light Factory allows for luminance tracking, which allows you to generate flares from bright spots in your video. It also has obscuration based on alpha or luminance channels. Optical Flares has the same features. Both are much more advanced than the basic flare effect that comes with After Effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]