FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects trapcode particular - Particles crossing each other in z space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Nitty
After effects trapcode particular - Particles crossing each other in z space
on Jul 5, 2016 at 2:39:44 pm

Dear All,

I have a problem i just can not wrap my head around.
Im using Trapcode particular throwing around a bunch of things.
(Just a note, i use particular a LOT so i'm definitely not a beginner.. )

The emitter is set to BOX with different "x" "y" and "z" values.
For some reason the particles "cross" each other in the z space and it looks like they are "popping" in and out of existence.
However what actually happens is from one frame to the other they cross each other. So what you see is in a certain frame 1 particle is BEHIND the other.. And the next frame it is IN FRONT of that particle.

Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening?

Im using a pre-comp with different images that create the particles with the time sampling set to "Random - still frame".

Kindly,
Frank

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: After effects trapcode particular - Particles crossing each other in z space
on Jul 5, 2016 at 5:10:27 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Jul 5, 2016 at 5:19:59 pm

It depends on what your emitter animation type is. With textured polygon and large particles it is in many cases unavoidable. If you want the particles to come toward the camera, make them directional toward the camera with 0 degree spread and same exact speed for all, no randomizing.

Even when all particles are traveling at the same exact speed, if you introduce even a slight spread, the particles that come directly toward camera travel faster in Z direction than particles that go off to one side or another, so you may get some popping. You can minimize or get rid of it by introducing enough distance in Z space between particles -- as long as they are traveling in the same general direction.

Return to posts index

bart stevens
Re: After effects trapcode particular - Particles crossing each other in z space
on Nov 6, 2016 at 4:02:12 pm

I'm trying to solve the same problem... Did you find a solution to this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]