FORUMS: list search recent posts

Countdown with sounds

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oleg Plachkov
Countdown with sounds
on Jul 4, 2016 at 11:58:53 am

I've managed to create a date countdown using the numbers effect. I want a sound file played each time a day is counted down. How do I do this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Countdown with sounds
on Jul 4, 2016 at 2:15:49 pm

If the countdown is completed, add the sound effect in a video editing application. It will be much better than After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oleg Plachkov
on Jul 4, 2016 at 2:46:26 pm

The date goes down by 4 years in mere 7 seconds.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 5, 2016 at 1:07:44 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jul 5, 2016 at 2:05:02 am

Have you done the arithmetic on this? 4 years is 1460 days. But even if you animate at 59.94 frames per second you only have 420 video frames in 7 seconds. Thus, about 3.5 days for each frame of video. If your goal is a sound effect for every day, you have already lost.
I think you would be better off to think about ONE sound effect to represent the passage of time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 5, 2016 at 1:48:31 pm

Dave is right that a sound for each day would be pretty extensive and probably not distinguishable. If you figure out that part, I would just take a sound file and drop it in a precomp and make it the length of one day. Add it to your final comp and enable time remapping, alt+click the keyframes to create an expression and just add the loop expression

loopOut("cycle")

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]