FORUMS: list search recent posts

Glossy ink and Rocky text finish?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun Pokines
Glossy ink and Rocky text finish?
on Jun 28, 2016 at 9:37:32 am
Last Edited By Shaun Pokines on Jun 28, 2016 at 10:05:01 am

this text always has such a good inky glossy black finish, can you guys help me how to do that?
go to 0:26 in the video

Rocky finish

go to 0:13 in the video
I really want to know

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Glossy ink and Rocky text finish?
on Jun 29, 2016 at 3:15:35 pm

The glossy black type is 3D text, with beveled edges, reflective surfaces and a lighting environment to reflect. You can do this yourself in Ae with the ray-tracing renderer and an environment layer, or you could do it in Classic 3D comps with some third-party tools like Video Copilot's Element 3D or Mettle's Shapeshifter Ae.

John Dickinson put together some really nice type presets for Element 3D that might even include the piano black you're looking for:

The rocky finish is all about good textures (stock photography), blend modes and track mattes. You might like Andrew Kramer's Procedural Crumble tutorial:

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 All Rights Reserved