FORUMS: list search recent posts

Continuously rasterize button for vector layers + puppet pin tool + duik script, is it possible?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aleksandar LJubomirovic
Continuously rasterize button for vector layers + puppet pin tool + duik script, is it possible?
on Jun 19, 2016 at 4:50:02 pm

Hello to everyone.

Is it possible to activate continuously rasterize button for vector layers while puppet pin tool is applied on Adobe illustrator file? Every time I try to do this, puppet pins make some strange things. In general it stopes working. Because of that problem my vector based pupet (rig), built by using duik script, can't work anymore. Vector layer can't achieve its purpose. Any attempt of close up shot with camera isn't possible from that point because vector layers start to show pixels.

I try to explain in detail.

I designed a simple wind turbine in adobe illustrator. My goal is to animate it by applying follow through animation principle to achieve cartoonish look. Wind turbine needs to rotate from behind the hill and reveal itself on the scene by decaying oscillation movement (like upside down pendulum). I have already achieved this effect in combination with puppet pins and duik script. 1. First I precomped my static part of the turbine (Stator), then i placed three pins at button, in the middle and on the top. 2. I selected puppet pins and made bones with duik script (which is null object connected with specific pin by expression). 3. The next step is to parent null object in specific order, from top to the bottom, and the last (button) null is connected to the precomped stator. 4. After this i just key framed oscillation movement on precomped stator and copy paste same keyframes on middle null object. I added camera inside the main composition and made simple zoom. Rotor blades are parent to the stator precomp. Here is the results:

So everything is fine except pixels that start to show up. This is the results without continuously rasterize button applied. After I apply continuously rasterize button my simple rig breakdown. This is the result:

Is there a solution to this problem? So i would like to make rig like this one or more complex one (character rig) and still be able to apply continuously rasterize button for vector layers without breaking the chain.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Continuously rasterize button for vector layers + puppet pin tool + duik script, is it possible?
on Jun 19, 2016 at 10:16:09 pm

The answer to your question in the first paragraph is "no". Sorry. The puppet tool can be .the ONLY tool active on a l layer. If you want an image to be larger or smaller you must precompose it and then use the puppet tool. The tool works on pixel coordinates and not relative locations on a vector layer.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]