FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overlay video over moving stadium screen (Euro 2016 intro)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Høgni Petersen
Overlay video over moving stadium screen (Euro 2016 intro)
on Jun 16, 2016 at 8:04:53 pm

Does anyone know what tool/software I have to use in order to add my own video clips to the stadium screens? For example at 8 seconds in I want that to be my own video clips that the video zooms in on:

Return to posts index

Joe Clay
Re: Overlay video over moving stadium screen (Euro 2016 intro)
on Jun 17, 2016 at 5:01:05 am

Well, you probably shouldn't insert your own stuff into copyrighted works, but if you're practicing or whatever Mocha would be best for that. It is a planar tracker so it is designed to track planes like those screens. The lite version is bundled with After Effects.

Joe Clay
Workbench.tv

Return to posts index

Høgni Petersen
on Jun 17, 2016 at 9:19:38 am

Thanks Joe! Yeah this is of course only for practice and I'm using this shot because it looks great and that makes it fun to practice with.

I looked at some Mocha tutorials in After Effects and most of them seem to focus on tracking something so you can isolate it. I've figured out how to do this, so I can track and isolate the stadium screen. What I can't figure out is how to insert my own clip into the screen. I can overlay the clip but then it won't be the right size and distortion for every frame. Do I have to manually distort the clip for every frame so it lines up nicely with the stadium screen, and looks natural?

Return to posts index

Joe Clay
on Jun 17, 2016 at 7:18:02 pm

No problem! I haven't done it in a while. But from what I remember, once you have your track of the object (or even before you track if you want) you use the surface tool to add a surface. Its icon looks like a grid. It should have four corners, and I think there's an option to display various things like the mocha logo or a grid so you can see if the track is good.

If I remember correctly, when you export the data (as corner pin data) those corners you set up will be where the corner points go for the corner pin effect. So you just set up whatever you want to replace the screens with in a comp, then add corner pin and paste that data into it.

This older tutorial is listed on their site but the link is broken so I found it on YouTube. Anyway, this should explain it better since I haven't done it in a bit!

Joe Clay
Workbench.tv

Return to posts index

Høgni Petersen
on Jun 25, 2016 at 4:18:25 pm

Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Joe Clay
on Jul 6, 2016 at 9:04:38 pm

No problem. I hoped it helped. Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation!

Joe Clay
Workbench.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]