FORUMS: list search recent posts

[Time Sensitive] Rendering everything black except particular layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Langston
[Time Sensitive] Rendering everything black except particular layer
on Jun 14, 2016 at 6:43:47 pm

I am attempting to render out a large format video for a large parlor screen through the media encoder queue.

-QuickTime

-Match Source (Rewrap)

-Resolution: 13,250x1,611

-24 FPS

When viewing the project at full resolution/down sample factor at Full, the composition preview is black.

However, when I bring the resolution/down sample factor to half, or below my project appears.

When I render out the scene, the only thing that appears is my particular layer, and everything else is black. The composition was created in a Photoshop file and imported to After Effects where effects have been applied. The effects that have been applied are Particular, Wave Warp, Light Rays, and Fast Blur. I have attempted using other codecs, such as H264 with the same result.

This is a time sensitive project that needs to be finished before the release of a film on Thursday, any timely help would be immensely appreciated.

Export Settings: (Still shows only black, except for the particles in particular)

Return to posts index

Ryan Langston
Re: [Time Sensitive] Rendering everything black except particular layer
on Jun 14, 2016 at 7:43:26 pm

I have discovered that if I disable Wave Warp, I am able to render without it rendering just black. However, I do need the Warp for this Scene. Does anyone know how I could go about doing this, or why Wave Warp is causing the scene to render as black?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 14, 2016 at 8:14:53 pm

Wave Warp may have an upper limit on how big a raster it can process -- probably 8K. You may have to render and then upscale.

Also, many of these custom systems have very specific deliverables requirements, so make sure that you have all the information you need to output this correctly.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ryan Langston
on Jun 14, 2016 at 9:16:42 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am hoping I can still apply the wave warp to this project. I am rendering it now without the wave warp, and will attempt to apply it again to the finished video output.

This is a strange problem I have not come across before. Many of the projects that I have worked on are generally large format and never seemed to have a problem like this in the past.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 14, 2016 at 9:59:13 pm

Most of our work is large-format. There are a few effects -- especially GPU-driven effects -- that don't work beyond certain resolution limits. The giveaway is when they preview at half resolution and fail to render at full res.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Joe Clay
on Jun 17, 2016 at 6:41:25 am

You can try to apply it in separate adjustment layers. Maybe flip them where they meet so they don't leave a line.

Joe Clay
Workbench.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]