FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do i make my text hit the floor then add water splash to it

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hanna dean
How do i make my text hit the floor then add water splash to it
on Jun 9, 2016 at 8:26:59 pm

as the text comes into the scene and sits on the floor , i want a water splash effect , to make it look like text hit the water and its inside the water.

and also add purple smoke trailing as the text comes in.

for example a plane engine is on fire as the plane flies the smoke trail something like that but i want smoke to cover all my text

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How do i make my text hit the floor then add water splash to it
on Jun 9, 2016 at 8:51:51 pm

I would probably use a particle emitter to create the initial splash, but to make it look like the text has gone under the water you will want to work with caustic. Check out this cow tutorial.

Caustics: Dropping the Cow into A Pool of Water

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How do i make my text hit the floor then add water splash to it
on Jun 10, 2016 at 2:20:01 pm

Been thinking about the water splash and that's going to be really difficult to pull off. If you have Trapcode Particular, i came across this tutorial some time ago and created the best water splash I had seen in AE.

Otherwise, I think from a time vs cost analysis, you might be better served checking out the stock footage sites to see if there is some thing you can use or shoot something yourself and just composite it together in AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]