FORUMS: list search recent posts

Element 3d - blocks emerging from surface

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark almeida
Element 3d - blocks emerging from surface
on Mar 1, 2016 at 9:18:26 am

Hey guys,
I just bought element 3d and was wondering how the effect from 0:13-0:15 was achieved

I tried creating a 3d plane and made my element 3d layer 3d to just change the position and make it emerge. But doing that just made my element 3d extrude thinner and flat from a side view.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Element 3d - blocks emerging from surface
on Mar 1, 2016 at 2:47:44 pm

Don't make your Element 3D solid layer 3D. You can animate the position of your 3D objects by setting position keyframes in the Particle Replicator section of whatever group your 3D objects are in. If you want it to move through a plane or solid, keyframe the z position.

Return to posts index

mark almeida
on Mar 2, 2016 at 7:30:53 am

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried that and the object just goes far or comes closer when modifying the 'Z axis'. It doesn't pass through the other object for some reason.
However, I added a plane within the scene setup itself and set the logo to aux 1 and the plane to aux 2. Close to what i want but i have to figure out a way to make it reveal itself through the plane in a smooth way and not a snap.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Mar 2, 2016 at 9:10:29 pm

You will want to put your plane in a separate group than your logo. A screenshot of your setup would help.

Return to posts index

mark almeida
on Mar 6, 2016 at 6:11:32 am

I got the results i wanted. Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]