Animating a rolling landscape - Who Framed Roger Rabbit

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Trimble
Animating a rolling landscape - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
on Jan 13, 2016 at 9:38:14 am

Hi guys,

Have a small question for you:

I'm trying to produce a short animation, which will be someone driving a car in the foreground and the background being a rolling landscape. The trees and bushes will literally roll forward and down through the screen giving the impression the car is moving forward.

A good example of this can be seen here:

I know how to make a linear animation using 3d layers where the car will move forward in a straight line, but not sure exactly how to make this rolling feel on After Effects.

Does anyone have any idea how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ollie

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Animating a rolling landscape - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
on Jan 13, 2016 at 10:09:35 am

That effect looks like you're driving on the surface of a small sphere, and that would be my approach. The 3D layers at the "surface" of the sphere, perpendicular to it, would be facing the camera and would be parented to a master 3D null at the center point of the sphere. The camera would be looking at the layers on the top surface of the sphere which would rotate (by rotating the master null) to produce forward motion. If you need a ground plane, that's a bit tricky without a 3D effect. Perhaps it could be done with CC Sphere -- if you can figure out how to make it interact believably with the 3D planes. Or maybe a set of flat planes along the surface would do it?

Return to posts index

Oliver Trimble
on Jan 13, 2016 at 10:37:00 am

Thank you very much for helping out with this.

Return to posts index

Aleksandar LJubomirovic
on Mar 23, 2016 at 8:05:47 am

I think this is more simpler way, I sow it on this forum. But it's without spherical look.
http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-never-ending-z-depth-in-ae-...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]