FORUMS: list search recent posts

Late Show with Stephen Colbert Intro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Higgins
Late Show with Stephen Colbert Intro
on Dec 21, 2015 at 1:12:08 pm

Wondering how the Stephen Colbert Intro was done.

, and how to create something similar in After Effects, or was this done using something else like 3DSMax?

any ideas for how I might get similar results in AE?

Thanks for any Info or suggestions

Brian

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Late Show with Stephen Colbert Intro
on Dec 21, 2015 at 3:36:52 pm

I think this was done for the most part with real videography and tilt-shift effects in post. In most of what I've read, the shots are credited as "photography" by Fernando Livschitz.

Here's a link to quite a number of large stills from the production, as well as the "director's cut" of the open:

http://skyrisecities.com/news/2015/12/late-show-intro-offers-tilt-shift-tou...

There are lots of special effects (tilt-shift the primary style, making the shots look like table-top miniatures), color correction, and a good amount of compositing. While you might be able to do it in After Effects, you would certainly have to start with footage that cost a lot of money to stage and shoot.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

josh bell
on Jan 8, 2016 at 3:04:07 am

This article helped me create a free youtube intro for my channel. Using templates downloaded from the web it is easy to create a high quality intro in not much time!

Return to posts index

josh bell
on Jan 8, 2016 at 3:04:50 am

This article helped me create a free youtube intro for my channel. Using templates downloaded from the web it is easy to create a high quality intro in not much time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]