FORUMS: list search recent posts

IDEAS? Arranging layers into start formation (logo), and then exploding out into X,Y,Z space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance Clayton
IDEAS? Arranging layers into start formation (logo), and then exploding out into X,Y,Z space
on Dec 14, 2015 at 11:36:11 pm

I have a logo that I'd like to rebuild with shape layers, with the flexibility to 'explode out' the layers randomly in 3D space. Does somebody have a good idea for a way to do this, similar to the behaviour that I might get exploding particles in Particular out from a starting formation. I basically want to have all layers in a defined starting arrangement (to imitate the logo) and then move out randomly a few frames later (so the logo breaks up), without having to add a unique finish position keyframe to every layer.

Thanks,

Lance

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: IDEAS? Arranging layers into start formation (logo), and then exploding out into X,Y,Z space
on Dec 15, 2015 at 2:09:04 pm

I've done this using the 3D Layer Distributor script. Set position keyframes for your layers, move ahead in the timeline, and run the script. It will randomly move your layers in 3D space based on parameters you set in the script.

Return to posts index

Lance Clayton
Re: IDEAS? Arranging layers into start formation (logo), and then exploding out into X,Y,Z space
on Dec 15, 2015 at 7:37:33 pm

Thanks Daniel.

I saw that script while looking into techniques and figured that would be the first thing to try. Glad to know it's the way the go!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]