my question today is about stabilizing with warp-stabilizer in AE:
Do I loose resolution - is AE upscaling when stabilizing 3K footage in a HD comp?
- I'm using a "new" MacPro with latest Mavericks and latest CreativeCloud.
- I import 2880x1620 footage and create a comp
- setting comp-settings to 1920x1080
- I scale (67%) to see the original framing without cropping the image
- I run WarpStabilizer (Position, Scale,Rotation) let's say 15% smooting and 115% max scale (AutoScale on)
- I analyze and stabilize
- AE needs 114,8% (auto-scaling) for this stabilizing pass
- scaling @ Transformi-settings ist still @ 67% - sure the image is now zoomed in (14,8%)
Fine so far - BUT:
Is AE scaling up my 1920x1080 Image or is AE using pixels available out of the 2880x1620 footage?
How should I optimize my workflow in order to not loose resolution of the 1920x1080 comp?
Or did I all right?
Many thanks from Munich,
Emanuel M. Schwermer
Director of Photography, BVK