FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator images pixelated in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Brookhouse
Illustrator images pixelated in After Effects
on Sep 17, 2015 at 6:04:24 pm

Hi there!

I am having an issue where vector Illustrator images are not only appearing pixelated within After Effects, they are also rendering as pixelated.

I've addressed everything in a video:

In case you don't want to watch the short video, here it is (for the most part) in text:

* Preview window zoom set to 100%
* Scale of individual layers set to 100%
* Changing "Continuously Rasterize" for a layer doesn't fix the problem
* Turning Pixel Aspect Ratio on or off doesn't fix the issue
* The sample layer used in the video had no effects applied to it that would cause the vector image to rasterize

In the video I only focus on one specific layer, but that's just for demonstration purposes. All of the images throughout the video are suffering from this, so it must be some kind of a global setting.

Any suggestions you could make would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
Re: Illustrator images pixelated in After Effects
on Sep 17, 2015 at 10:51:17 pm

I'm guessing all the illustrator files are actually vector and there are no 'placed' raster images within the Illustrator files?

Return to posts index

John Brookhouse
on Sep 17, 2015 at 11:17:33 pm

Yes. They are all vector. In the video you can actually see me briefly hover over the megaphone graphic and you can see the vector paths show up.

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
on Sep 17, 2015 at 11:39:31 pm

I would create a new project entirely, then create a blank comp and import (not copy/paste) one of those files and see what happens.

Also, if you have photoshop, try copying and pasting to see if you get the option to paste as a smart object. Just as an integrity test of postscript info in the file.

Next, open one of the Illustrator files and re-save to the latest version you can and note any dialogs that look out of the ordinary and try to place that file into the original comp.

it's a few steps but there are many variables as to the vector file itself. Somebody else can answer much more about the settings within AE, but I'd check one of the designers files independently first

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]