FORUMS: list search recent posts

5x5 tv wall w/1080x1920 content...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Johnson
5x5 tv wall w/1080x1920 content...
on Sep 17, 2015 at 5:21:17 pm

I want to make sure my head is wrapped correctly around this. We have a project whereby we have a wall of 25 tv's, each 55" making a wall of video a total span of 239" x 134.5".

The resolution of the content we create is to be 1920x1080. In front of this wall, about 15-18' in front of, is a floor-to-ceiling piece of special frosty plex-glass that we will be projecting related content on. This is to be 1080x1920 as well. It's one big piece and will be 9'x16'.

So, I just want to verify that I can still create a vid in After Effects and/or Premier that is 1080x1920 and once it's tiled among the tv's that resolution will hold. They are all HD monitors.

I'm just wondering if I have to so some kind of math to make compositions even larger than 1080x1920 because of the size. new to scaling vid this big across multiple monitors.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 5x5 tv wall w/1080x1920 content...
on Sep 17, 2015 at 10:36:24 pm

I'm sort of confused. Is one of these monitors to be arranged vertically, while the rest are arranged horizontally?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
on Sep 17, 2015 at 10:46:45 pm

hi Dave-
The tv screens are all horizontal mounted on a wall. The back of a lobby. Up towards the receptionists desk, there is to be a glass wall which will be oriented as portrait. This glass wall is receiving a projected video while the tv wall will be playing a video (a different one) at the same time.

I'm mainly wanting to know if I create a regular HD 1920(h) x 1080(v) composition, once that comp is tiled up to 25 different screens, it will look ok. So it will be the one video tiled across them all and on the glass vertical panel, a separate video will be projected onto that so the comp on that 9 foot wide by 16 feet high will be 1080 x 1920.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 17, 2015 at 11:13:23 pm

I suppose if the client isn't expecting a darned-near 20-foot-wide TV set to look crystal-clear, you'll be okay. I'll bet you've already figured out that fine details won't look so fine when they get that big.

I'm still wondering about the two images. If they're intended to be viewed separately, it ought to be pretty cool. If they're intended to viewed together, it might get a little confusing: "Where do I look?" Almost like Times Square.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
on Sep 17, 2015 at 11:41:16 pm

yes, as to the glass, imagine that as a real-life 'sidebar'.. the vids will stand on their own but we are tying to tie-them together in someway though the tv screens are the primary focus.

Thanks for the input. I'll post a pic after we're done. Pretty techy...it's not ICE LED glass, but it should still look pretty cool!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]