FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create light streaks a long hundreds of paths?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ferenc van der Velde
How to create light streaks a long hundreds of paths?
on Aug 12, 2015 at 1:25:30 pm

Hi all,

I would like to simulate a timelapse of traffic for one country. I have drawn all the main roads (hundreds of strokes) and now I would like to animate light streaks along these paths. At the moment I am using dashed lines and animating the offset. Then I use the echo effect to give it the looks of an energy beam.

The problem with this method is that everything moves quite linear. To simulate a timelapse I would like to have a particle system in witch each particle picks a random path and has a different speed and life time. I am familiair with Particular, but I haven't find a method to use it with random paths.

Maybe there is another way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: How to create light streaks a long hundreds of paths?
on Aug 13, 2015 at 9:12:03 am

You could probably use this technique:

In brief, create lights that travel along the paths and make Particular use those lights as emitters.

Return to posts index

Ferenc van der Velde
Re: How to create light streaks a long hundreds of paths?
on Aug 13, 2015 at 10:38:58 am

Yeah I thought of that, but when you have hundreds of paths, the project becomes to slow to work with. I am now trying a simpler approach by using radial pulses (scaling circles with some turbulence displace ) and using all the roads as a track matte. It's a lot better already, and not that slow anymore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]