FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there any way to import 3DS file into After Effects CS6?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adirai maji
Is there any way to import 3DS file into After Effects CS6?
on Jun 29, 2015 at 7:05:37 am

I just want to know is there any option to import 3DS file into after effect CS6? If there is any plug-in available to make this possible?

In older version of after effect can import 3D objects in PSD format (Initially I've convert 3DS file into PSD) But AE CS6 doesn't have this feature :( please help me...

Thank you :)

~MAJI~

Return to posts index

Chris Zecco
Re: Is there any way to import 3DS file into After Effects CS6?
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:56:18 pm

Hello Maji,

There is a program called "Element 3D" made by video copilot that will allow you to do this. Although, I believe the CS6 and on have Cinema 4D Lite built into it, so you might want to check out that route if you will be doing 3D renderings often.

Chris

2012 Mac Pro
2x 2.4GHz Intel Xeon
24GB RAM
1GB ATI Radeon 5770

2011 Macbook Pro
2.4GHz i7
8GB RAM

Return to posts index

adirai maji
on Jul 1, 2015 at 5:24:45 pm

Thank you Chris for your information :) ,

I do know about Element 3D. I've some trouble here. Unfortunately my GPU isn't satisfies the requirement of Element 3D Plug-in (I've Intel Graphics cards). Even if we have perfect system requirement, Element 3D only supports *.C4D *.OBJ *.E3D files and it won't support *.3DS files.

What should I've to do now?

~MAJI~

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jul 1, 2015 at 4:56:08 pm

As Chris said, Element 3D will take 3D file imported from other packages. I've had it successfully take .obj files exported from 3DS Max, Blender, as well as CAD files imported to 3DS Max and saved out as .obj files. It will take C4D files as well, but I've had scattered luck with that (probably depends on the version of C4D the file was saved from).

Zaxwerks makes 3D Invigorator Pro, which does a lot of what Element 3D does, but I don't know whether it's as fast at rendering as Element 3D. You can try out either of these, and see which you prefer. Much of it depends on your workflow, and what 3D packages you might own. But back to your question, there is no way to directly import a 3DS file to After Effects CS6.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Chris Zecco
on Jul 1, 2015 at 7:36:58 pm

Have you tried exporting a PNG sequence from 3DS Max?

2012 Mac Pro
2x 2.4GHz Intel Xeon
24GB RAM
1GB ATI Radeon 5770

2011 Macbook Pro
2.4GHz i7
8GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]