FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to do this effect and what is it called?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jihad Akoury
How to do this effect and what is it called?
on Jun 15, 2015 at 2:24:39 pm

Hello all,
Yesterday I was watching a video about the visual effects in the TV series game of thrones

Here’s the link

I noticed that they often use a technique called CG to add details to the scene. For example they extend a wall, add some rocks, trees, mountains…

But what is remarkable that when they add those elements, they don’t show that they used green screen (as they’d done in some other places in the video). And since no green screen is used how could actors walk “In front of those elements”. I added two captures so you will understand what I mean.

The first is the unedited scene and the second is where they added elements. But we see that the actor’s head is over the rock in the background.

How did they manage to do something like this without the use of green screen?
Or they had used green screen and didn’t show it?
Or there’s a special technique?
And if there a technique, can it be done on after effects?
If no which software is used to do such effects?
And finally what is the best and easiest software for cg modeling

Another thing troubles me. How do they create such realistic water??? I tried to learn 3ds max but it is too hard. Now I’m learning cinema 4d, simpler but not as effective. So what software is used?
Sorry for asking so many questions; audio/visual is my ambition and I’m curious about it.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: How to do this effect and what is it called?
on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:42:49 pm

People read books, take classes, and spend years in the field to find all the answers you are looking for. You could learn more about your initial question by looking up how to do compositing, rotoscoping, and set extensions. Just be aware there is no easy button to achieve any of this. Start with the basics and slowly grow your skills.

Return to posts index

Jihad Akoury
Re: How to do this effect and what is it called?
on Jun 21, 2015 at 1:29:37 pm

Thank you for your answer, I have been working on after effects for 2 years. I think i learned the very basics. I am curious as i said, and i will wait the university to learn more about this field. I will also search about rotoscoping!


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved