FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creative boarders around footage in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomas Vertelman
Creative boarders around footage in AE
on Oct 19, 2014 at 6:51:11 am

Hi, I'm new to After Effects and I'd like to ask about creative boarders around footage in AE CS6. I'd like to make nice frames around pohotos and videos and then scroll over with the camera tool. Now in Photoshop there is a plugin "photoshop edge FX" which makes nice frames to the photo, but is there a way to make a nice boarder around footage in After Effects? I hope I'm understandeble :-)

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Creative boarders around footage in AE
on Oct 23, 2014 at 7:47:56 pm

After Effects isn't the best tool for this. You double-click the square mask tool with your layer selected, then add the stroke effect to the created mask. This creates a simple border. You won't get anything fancy though.

You can actually import your footage into Photoshop. Maybe that will work for you? Otherwise, just create the frames you want in Photoshop, import them to AE and add them to your photos as needed. Precomposing your photos will help.

Return to posts index

Tomas Vertelman
on Oct 23, 2014 at 8:01:41 pm

Hi Daniel, thanks for your respond. If I would create a border in Photoshop, than that would be ok for photos, but not for videos I guess. Do you see any way to make a slideshow of videos with frames around them in AE?

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Oct 24, 2014 at 2:53:34 am

Have you looked into templates? If you're set on using AE to make a slideshow, they're probably your best bet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]