FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects CC showing me things not in the timeline, or rendering things improperly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Fulde
After Effects CC showing me things not in the timeline, or rendering things improperly
on Aug 15, 2014 at 1:25:58 pm

Hello! So, I'm working on a small kids show and the entire studio is having issues with After Effects CC: A quick google search has brought up nothing.

Right now I'm looking at a project that is showing me an image from another project randomly on top of everything: the inside is no where inside of this one.

Other times, especially for the credits, we will look at the timeline and everything is fine, but when we render it out, one of the text layers may stay an extra frame (running into the next credit) or disappear a frame early. Sometimes even when looking at things in the timeline something will disappear a frame earlier or stay a frame too long.

This is incredibly frustrating and is slowing us down a LOT. Can anyone help?

things to note:
1: 23.98 project
2: Yes we've cleared the cache/restarted/tried different computers

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects CC showing me things not in the timeline, or rendering things improperly
on Aug 15, 2014 at 5:37:14 pm

Try purging your caches.

If that doesn't work, be prepared to supply what seems to be a whole bunch or irrelevant information about your hardware, OS & software versions, third-party cards installed, your AE settings, etc.

Because they made AE to work on almost any machine, the application can be rather finicky at times.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Fulde
Re: After Effects CC showing me things not in the timeline, or rendering things improperly
on Aug 20, 2014 at 2:32:46 pm

We've tried clearing the cache (Unless purging is something different?) and getting you computer specs is difficult since this glitch is occurring on all of our computers with vastly different setups.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 20, 2014 at 8:35:09 pm

That's odd.
What exact version of AE are you running (down to the last decimal)?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 20, 2014 at 8:45:13 pm

[David Fulde] "1: 23.98 project"

23.98 should really be 23.976.

Do all your frame rates match this correct value? Are you outputting at that same frame rate?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

David Fulde
on Oct 15, 2014 at 1:58:57 pm

Ah, yes. That seems to be the issue. I didn't set up the project so I must have glossed over it. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Bill Ritchotte
on Oct 15, 2014 at 1:07:16 pm

Same exact thing here, really strange, did you ever find the solution?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 15, 2014 at 2:20:53 pm

If you are seeing things in the viewer that are not in the comp, does it help to copy and paste everything from the afflicted comp into a new one?

If you are having repeated frames, that is almost always a frame rate mismatch.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Bill Ritchotte
on Oct 15, 2014 at 3:00:05 pm

No, as with the other posters, this issue happens in all new projects. a random frame from a random project. The frame may not always appear depending on the resolution of the preview, but it does render in the final movie. I've done all the suggested cache resets including the files in my ~library folder that are not purged. It is random, it happened suddenly a few days ago, and it is making me crazy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]