FORUMS: list search recent posts

Large image issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cat
Large image issues
on Jun 16, 2014 at 2:04:41 am

So in after effects I'm trying to create a composition where a cameara pans up a 5000 x 3000 photo to look up at the sky, where a giant dome covering a city suddenly shatters and the glass rains down as we pan to people on the streets.

unfortunately, it wont render to a final file. every time it gets to the shatter option it just closes on me saying there was an error loading the shatter effect and the whole thing has to close down. If i had to guess, its a computer issue. I was wondering if someone could give me specs on what I should upgrade to fix this. I think its ram, but I'm not very tech savvy

Intel Core i5-3570 CPU @3.40ghz 3.8ghz
8 gigabytes of ram (spread across 2 slots, with presumably 2 left open)
windows 7 (64 bit)

any advice on what i can upgrade, or even just a way to fix this within after effects would be great.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Large image issues
on Jun 16, 2014 at 3:21:49 pm

Is the image just a glass dome or is it also the city? Why does it have to be 5000 x 3000 ?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Bob Cat
on Jun 16, 2014 at 5:41:26 pm

the video also has some buildings (the city) in it, but i was able to render that separately no problem.

the reason the files are so large (over 5000 x 3000) is because we are creating an artificial pan to make it look like a moving shot. using anything smaller doesn't give us much room and would throw off proportions of the greenscreened actors.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 16, 2014 at 5:59:44 pm

Since the Shatter won't work for you with an image of that size I would dissect the 5000 x 3000 image into pieces. Keep in mind since it is a pan you won't see that whole image a one given time. If it is three images in a row that can handle the shatter each then you can give that a try.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Bob Cat
on Jun 16, 2014 at 10:13:42 pm

I might be able to try this, though we do see most of the dome at the same time. the only issue i might have here is making the shatter seem seamless, but from what the other thread has told me, its not the size thats the issue. the effect as a whole is refusing to render even on smaller comps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]