FORUMS: list search recent posts

Learning animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Ego
Learning animation
on Mar 19, 2014 at 10:48:10 am

Hey guys,

I’m in need of some of your brilliant guidance ☺.

Been working quiet a lot with both premier and final cut pro but always “just” cutting real life footage. Maybe adding some effect here and there …. Now I’m looking forward getting more in to animation what I especially have in mind is animating over real footage. I have some nice shots of houses that I want to animate plants slowly growing over and my question is therefore where do I start this process of learning how to do this.

I realise that it might be a long way actually getting there but I need to start somewhere and some help with programs and techniques would be great.

Thanks you in advance!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Learning animation
on Mar 19, 2014 at 5:20:37 pm

lynda.com offers some great training on learning After Effects for beginners. This will help build a foundation for you so when you watch tutorials by random people you will know what is going on. Take a look at this tutorial for growing plants:

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 20, 2014 at 2:52:59 am

Start here to learn After Effects:
http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Max Ego
on Mar 24, 2014 at 12:40:52 pm

Thanks guys!
I started a subscription at lynda.com the other day and I'm working my way through the "essentials" now.

Will mastering AE be enought or is photoshop a necessity for the animations I mentioned in my earlier post?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 24, 2014 at 2:45:15 pm

It depends on what you want to do. For me personally, I spend most of my time in After Effects (AE). I do know Photoshop and I think it is important to at least know the basics. But for the stuff I create most of it is done In AE.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Max Ego
on Mar 24, 2014 at 8:35:43 pm

Perfect, I think AE will be a good start on the way of animating this plants that I got in mind :)! Thanks for all the input!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 24, 2014 at 8:41:21 pm

Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Andy Williams
on Mar 25, 2014 at 8:45:32 pm

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/

Video copilot is awesome, especially once you know your basics fairly well. The guy that does these tutorials is fantastic but in the more advanced ones he will use shortcuts that you have to know about to keep up. He does have some basic tutorials that are really nice to get you going. I've watched almost all of his tutorials and he does a lot of animations over live footage which is really cool. After working with AE for a few months every day and watching all of these tutorials and some on YouTube, I feel very confident with the software!

Return to posts index

Max Ego
on Mar 26, 2014 at 7:49:47 am

Great, thank you! I will have a look at his tutorials as soon as i finished the essential training at lynda!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]