FORUMS: list search recent posts

Haw to separate (cut) moving objects (people) from white static background (white, dark and gray)?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirill Poezdnik
Haw to separate (cut) moving objects (people) from white static background (white, dark and gray)?
on Mar 7, 2013 at 2:15:34 am

Hello everyone at this forum!
Please, give me an advice - how to mask all moving objects from static background. There are white backround with moving people at front.
So, this is two possible way, I hope to can be used: create a mask for all moving objects or create mask for all color (saturated) objects.
Luma key is not done properly (in my try), because background is not really pure white and with some low shadows, so this leads to contamination of the frame.
I have trying to use RotoBrush in AfterEffects, its can be pure good, but its to much shots for this method and I ask here for some ways to automate process.
Also, I used Nuke, this amazing application. Its so good, but I'm new in keying and need an advice for color (saturation) masking. Or another way to separate objects from white or gray background.
Also I have tutorial about Boris FX plugin, for removing objects from background, its good plugin, but i need inverted result - remove background from moving objects.
Is this possible? Can you tell, please?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Haw to separate (cut) moving objects (people) from white static background (white, dark and gray)?
on Mar 8, 2013 at 4:49:42 pm

I am sorry to say this, but there are very few ways to automate a process like this. Why didn't you shoot a chroma key against a blue or green screen? You would have better luck separating the subjects from the background as long as you know how to light for chroma key and you use a good camera... and a DSLR is not a good camera for chroma key.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Haw to separate (cut) moving objects (people) from white static background (white, dark and gray)?
on Mar 8, 2013 at 11:58:41 pm

Are there a lot of moving objects? If not then you can grab the video from where the moving object isn't in in and mask out that section and then place it over the original video so you have parts of the video playing from different parts of the video. Not sure if I'm making sense?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]