FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframes going negatives

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kuljeet Singh
Keyframes going negatives
on Apr 21, 2016 at 9:03:10 am

hello,
i've just create a camera layer, & few 3D shaper layers. TO create a zoom effect i just change the camera position.

But problem is that, to create zoom effect, i've placed three keyframes having values, changing from 2459 to 760 to 757. but between 760 to 757, it does not simply goes from 757 to 758 to 759 & then 760. Instead of this it is changing from 757 to 630 first then changing to 760.
please help to solve this weird issue.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Keyframes going negatives
on Apr 21, 2016 at 1:55:49 pm

Sounds like you have a keyframe interpolation issue. Select all your keyframes, right-click and set to Linear to change this. Also, under preferences there is a place to set the default keyframe interpolation.

More information:

FAQ: Why does my layer (camera) move back and forth between keyframes of eq...

After Effects Help / Keyframe interpolation

Online Tutorials

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kuljeet Singh
on Apr 22, 2016 at 4:32:21 am

Thanks Johnny,

It solved my issue. i've changed the interpolation to linear, now everything is fine.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:45:33 pm

Glad that fixed it. It would be a good idea to check out some of the videos on interpolation if you are going to be doing a lot of work in AE, it's a pretty important concept to understand.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Kuljeet Singh
on Apr 23, 2016 at 5:05:26 am

yes, i'm focusing more on this these days. I've also tried Ease & Wizz scripts, which helps alot to create smoother animations.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]