FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change label color of precomp in project panel?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Change label color of precomp in project panel?
on Apr 14, 2016 at 11:51:45 pm

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to change the color of the label a precomp created from the timeline gets when it's created? I know how to change label colors using the preference dialog, but that only covers compositions and no precompositions made afterwards.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Change label color of precomp in project panel?
on Apr 15, 2016 at 2:48:35 am

I can't think of one, but you can always add a marker to the nested comp and then add text to the marker.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 15, 2016 at 12:40:49 pm

I don't know about automatically, but you can right click on the swatch and change it's color to whatever you want.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Apr 15, 2016 at 1:38:17 pm

Thanks guys,

Dave,

Yeah, I know about markers in the timeline, in fact I use them a lot. But I'm looking for an option to set the color of the precomps in the project panel, not the layers in the timeline.

John,

That's what I've been doing, but when you precompose as your project grows it starts to become a bit tedious and time consuming. I use blue to visually identify the main comps I have (the ones that are for rendering) and then I paint the other ones whatever color, most of the time green. When the newly created precomps are also labeled blue it throws me off when I need to quickly find a main comp in the project panel.

Best,
D.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 15, 2016 at 3:30:39 pm

Think you are stuck to filling out the Feature Request form then. Something along the lines of "Precomps made within a composition" Label default. I don't organize that way, but it is strange that it's not there. Sorry I couldn't be more help on this one.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]