FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a 3D building shatter reveal in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Val Mac
How to create a 3D building shatter reveal in After Effects
on Jan 13, 2016 at 9:15:39 am

So, I stumbled around this videohive project and wanted to ask if anyone has an idea on how to make this to look like this. If possible, only in AE.
I can only imagine Element 3D, ray-traced 3D or if you look closely it could also just be 2 combined shapes that look like 3D together. Thank you, ~ExtonGraphics

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to create a 3D building shatter reveal in After Effects
on Jan 13, 2016 at 3:21:16 pm

Can you link to the project, please?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Val Mac
on Jan 13, 2016 at 3:54:30 pm

I dont know what happened I think I'm not allowed to put Videohive links in here: http://bit.ly/1W7BvN1 if that doesnt work again go search for that product ID on videohive: 12386882

http://www.youtube.com/ExtonGraphics

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jan 13, 2016 at 4:26:15 pm

[Val Mac] "I dont know what happened I think I'm not allowed to put Videohive links in here"

You are. Videohive isn't. :-)

We've had enormous trouble with them over the years, as well as a number of their contributors (for whom we of course don't blame Videohive themselves), as among the most prolific forum spammers we've ever encountered. As a result, we hold all Videohive posts for review by our moderation team to make sure that they are posted by real people with questions, rather than an ad in masquerade.

Apologies for the delay approving your post, but I assure you, our long, long history with Videohive makes this an absolute necessity in order to preserve the high signal, low noise character of the Creative COW forums.

Regards,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Val Mac
on Jan 13, 2016 at 4:31:52 pm

Ooops ok, I got you :D
Is there a way to "link" them any other way, like for example as I did with the product ID?
Because I would highly be interested in how to make that effect!

Regards and thanks for the information
~ExtonGraphics

http://www.youtube.com/ExtonGraphics

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jan 13, 2016 at 5:57:43 pm

You're free to add the links. :-) The one in your previous post is active now, so you're good to go....

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 13, 2016 at 9:39:22 pm

It looks like it was done in C4D, but you might be able to do that strictly in AE using simulation > shatter, gradient layer and then time remapping. It would take a bit of doing and playing, that's for sure.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 13, 2016 at 10:53:32 pm

One thing you might considering is multiple layers all being shattered in slightly various ways.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]