FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to skew, distort and warp Masks or Paths in After Effects as done in Photoshop Free Transform?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cottle
How to skew, distort and warp Masks or Paths in After Effects as done in Photoshop Free Transform?
on Jan 3, 2016 at 5:09:09 pm

Hello, i hoped by now there's a way in After Effects to skew, distort and warp Masks\Paths as can be done in Photoshop Free Transform?
Thanks for any help or suggestions,
J

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How to skew, distort and warp Masks or Paths in After Effects as done in Photoshop Free Transform?
on Jan 3, 2016 at 8:24:09 pm

How about the Free Transform tool in AE? You activate it by double-clicking on the mask. Make sure you have the proper tool selectd when you do it..No text tool, no pen tool.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jeff Cottle
Re: How to skew, distort and warp Masks or Paths in After Effects as done in Photoshop Free Transform?
on Jan 3, 2016 at 10:32:14 pm

Thanks Dave,
i've tried AE's Free Transform but it does not allow Skew,Warp,Distort or esp. Perspective as PS does. I even tried selecting specific vertices to force skew\distort but AE still transformed the mask(s) as if all vertices were selected.
J

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 4, 2016 at 3:21:36 am

Well then, AE'S tool doesn't work the same as Photoshop's. I don't know Photoshop very well. But now you know it doesn't.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jan 4, 2016 at 9:02:54 am

A slightly awkward workaround is to copy the path to Photoshop, transform it there and copy back to AE. May need to render frame as still image and bring that in to Photoshop as well if you need to see the image over which you transform the mask. Not really useful if you want to do this a lot.

Perhaps there is another way to do what you want to do. What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

[Edit: Just answered your question on the Photoshop forum]

Return to posts index

Jeff Cottle
on Jan 5, 2016 at 2:15:23 am

..that works pretty well, had to quick at doing that since giving up on AE path\mask transforming searches years ago, till now,..and just answered your reply at adobephotoshop,
thanks again Kalle and Dave,
J

Return to posts index

michael johnson
on Jul 5, 2017 at 2:26:28 pm

You might want to try Mesh warp. Limit your rows to 1 and your columns to 2. That coupled with a mask was not easy but closer to the tools I use in photoshop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]